Monday, January 18, 2010

Irony

So, a bunch of people are disturbed by the bow that is now gracing my blog. That thing over there on the left. First of all, I'm just fucking around with it. I'm not sure I'm entirely sold on it myself. We'll see. As I told one friend, if I put a black and white photo of myself passed out on the pot a la Elvis (actually I think he was dead.....I'm not dead yet) along with the bow and the cutesy shit, that would be a rather accurate picture of who I really am. I'm both. If you are a Facebook friend of mine, check out "photos of me". Actually, even if you're not a FB friend, I think my photos are available to everyone. In these photos, you will see that I essentially lived with a freakin' bow on my damn head from 1985 until 1989. Oh, and wore LAURA ASHLEY clothes. And shopped at Pappagallo. I had the whole multi-layer (let's see......turtle neck, polo shirt (collar flipped up) oxford cloth button down, fair isle sweater thing rockin') ripped jeans, penny loafer (no socks) and pearls thing going on. I was a SORORITY GIRL, people......Sigma Kappa at Michigan State University. My husband tells me we were snotty bitches. NOOOOO. He's just pissed 'cause he belonged to what was essentially MSU's version of Animal House and none of us would go out with he and Bluto. Well, that is until he became a rock star and I relented. Snotty bitch and all. BUT, I pissed off my sorority sisters who were pretty scandalized by my dating this long haired hippy freak. My father was also not enthusiastic about this turn of events. So that was pretty cool. Two birds with one big, hairy stone. To this day I love both my sorority sisters AND my long suffering dad but I just have a penchant for pissing people off. I'm not sure why but I do so enjoy it. Anyway, in the interest of full disclosure, the bow shit is in there. Maybe I should have the bow slightly charred or something. Like it's been lit on fire but was put out just before it was engulfed in flames. Hmmmm. Maybe next I'll tell you guys about all the trouble I get into at my country club. There's some good stuff there. 


(c) 2010
Copyright (c) by Mollie Christie, 2010 all rights reserved.


1 comment:

  1. We must have had 100 different kind of grosgrain ribbon dangling off our loft:)....Hmm, which bow will go best with my outfit? The lovely navy blue w/green whales will be divine. Hop into our Girbauds and we're ready to walk to the Shark!

    ReplyDelete