Sunday, January 17, 2010

Boys are Dumb


So, Mr. Deep Thoughts decided that it would be a GREAT idea to stay up until 3:30 a.m. drinking beer with his buddy. I, of course, being moderate in all things, had the good sense to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Well, that and the fact that nobody was paying attention to me. Not for lack of trying. Oh, I tried but I eventually gave up as apparently Peyton Manning is FAR more interesting than I am. Whatever. It was actually kind of eye-opening as now I know how Dave feels when I have a friend over. He can usually hang with girls as he's a one size fits all kinda guy (ladies LOVE Dave.......LL Cool Dave) but says he feels uncomfortable when the conversation turns to "lady things" such as tampons. Excuse me, but I don't believe I have ever had a conversation regarding tampons in my life. What's to talk about it? They're in, they're out, they're gone. End of story. I did think it was funny that he brought that up as an example of something women talk about. Yep. Tampons, aprons, the best way to launder our whites so they are their snowy whitest. Uh.....not so much. Things are a little more interesting up here in the 'hood than that. We've got better stuff to talk about. No thanks to me of course as I am a quiet women of modest means that prefers to keep to herself when not doing good works and spreading the word of the Lord. Oh, and selling swamp land. But anyway the bottom line is that Captain Rocket Science is hurting a bit this morning. Licking his wounds and boo-hooing about drinking too much. 3:30? Seriously? I'm feeling rather superior. I'm glad the boys were being mean to me last night 'cause I'm fresh as a God damn daisy. Ha!


(c) 2010
Copyright (c) by Mollie Christie, 2010 all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment