Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bumbles Bounce


So, I may or may not have mentioned that I had a PTA Board meeting this morning. Even though I had already announced that I was not going to continue on as membership chair after this school year, I had to reiterate this fact today. After the whole hoo-ha with my blog, even if I had WANTED to continue I could not in good conscious have done it. I would have felt that I had to watch what I say, and we can't have THAT now, can we? And truth be told, I am not the stereo-typical PTA mom. You think? Shocking, I know. If you want somebody that's beige and is not going to offend anyone, even before I had a blog I was not exactly the right gal for the job. I've never really had a filter and even in elementary school politics, it seems that a filter of some sort is a requirement. I've always been kind of polarizing because people seem to really like me or can't stand me. There's not much middle ground. I guess that would be a good quality in a membership chair if your goal was for HALF the people to join. I've learned to live with it. Just because I have doesn't mean that the PTA should. That's cool. It was never a lifelong dream of mine anyway. I think patting myself on the back for a job well done and moving on is the right move. I will say I was a little disappointed that nobody on the board tried to stop me. There was no crying or screaming. No clinging to my legs as I exited the room. They actually seemed relieved. Dang! I think I'm like the Bumble from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I don't mean to scare people. I just do. And I actually have a heart of gold. AND I need a dentist. But I'll be okay......don't worry about me, people.........

No comments:

Post a Comment