Thursday, February 11, 2010

WTF's For Dinner?

This is for all of my East coast pals! Perfect for a snowy night. Providing you can get out of your damn houses and that the stores have any groceries left. If you're snowed in, open up a can of beanie weenies and make this tomorrow. Or next week. If you haven't killed or been killed.  I can only take about three days of being snowed in and that's WITH power and alcohol. I would last approximately 45 minutes without those. Anyway, this is so freakin' easy a monkey could make it. I know this because I've made it after several cocktails and it's turned out just fine.  Although after an additional five hours of drinking I would probably declare a table leg delicious. Which of course they are.  How I know this is completely irrelevant. 


Grandma's Five Hour Stew

2 lbs stew meat, cubed
3-4 potatoes, cubed
4-6 carrots, sliced
1 raw onion, quartered
1 pkg onion soup mix
2 1/2 c water
2 T tapioca
Salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in Dutch oven and bake at 300 F (I have some Euro friends that I'm sure know far better than I how to convert to celsius so I won't even try) for five hours, stirring occasionally.  Serve with bread and a nice spinach salad. Or something. 

Anyway, hope you guys back East dig on out sometime soon and I REALLY hope that your booze supplies are holding up.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment