Friday, February 26, 2010

Cheers

Because I have to go to a freakin' fourth grade ORCHESTRA concert tonight, my thoughts have turned to cocktails. WHO IN THE ASS THROWS A KID CONCERT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT???? As I just told a couple of facebook friends, go ahead and have it on a Friday but be prepared for the consequences. Such as Mrs. Christie stumbling down the aisle to her seat and yelling, "This is BULLSHIT!!!" Because there will be cocktails before, possibly during and definitely after. I'm joking, mother.....calm down. Wait. Mother knows I'm not joking. I am joking about the "during". Schools are a Drug Free Zone. And I respect that, damnit! Anyway, this unfortunate predicament has inspired me to start another weekly segment. Consider it a boozy companion to WTF'S For Dinner. This Friday, I will bestow upon you my very favorite potent potable.......the Christierita. Yummmmm.  


Christierita

2 parts tequila (good tequila.....Sauza Hornitos or better)
1 part triple sec
1 part Christierita mix (recipe below) The only pre-made mix you can ever, ever use is Freshies. The rest is crap.

Fill a cocktail shaker about 1/2 way with ice. Pour in tequila, triple sec and shake it up, baby. Shake that thing........and prepare for your world to be rocked. Altered, really.

Christierita Mix

3 c water
3 c sugar
2 c fresh lime juice

Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from heat and cool. When cool, add lime juice and stir it up! This can sit in your refrigerator for as long as a week however I don't believe it's ever lasted that long around here. 

Anyway, enjoy! I believe I will be shaking up a batch of these in fairly short order. Cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment