Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's On



Pray for my mortal soul, peeps.........it's time to get locked and loaded (literally) for St. Patrick's Day. Dave is playing today at Scruffy Murphy's in Lodo (that's "Lower Downtown" for all of you non-Denverites) and it's Parade Day. I believe we host the largest St. Patrick's Day parade West of the Mighty Miss. It's a hoo-ha. Total blast. Last year Dave ended up dancing on stage with a walking pint of Guiness which is something you don't see everyday. This is just such freakin' blast of a day I can't wait for it to get underway. We've got the Irish music crankin' upstairs, the Albanian Celtic rocker is changing his strings and the boy is getting his green on. There's a huge tent and the kids are all dancing around and getting their Irish on.......and it's going to be in the 60's and sunny. Woo-hoo!!!!! So, not only do we have this fun day but he is playing at Ned Kelly's tomorrow and at The Trinity and RRCC on Wednesday. Truly mad. And hilarious that he's such a hit on the Irish pub circuit and does not have a hint of Irish in him. I'm thinking being married to Scots/Irish chick for all of these years has given him enough battle scars to be an honorary Paddy. It's not for the faint of heart. Oh, and his child is 25% Irish, so there's that. Come on out and join us if you're in the Big D......if not, wherever you are, I wish you a fun-filled Saturday. I'm sure I'll have some tales to tell when I return. No doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment