Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Told Ya So........

Well, we DID get about two feet of snow. It was coming down like I've never seen it before. And I've lived in Michigan and Colorado for my entire life so that's saying something. Weather dude said at one point it was snowing at 3-5" an hour. Uh, that's kind of a lot. Dave, who as I may have mentioned is a little eager to get out of here, was trying to convince me that we should have headed to the airport last night to catch a 10pm flight. I refused on the grounds that it was dumb idea. As it turned out, that 10pm flight was delayed until 1 am and then cancelled all together. Five thousand saps slept at the airport last night. If there is a tenth circle of hell it is surely being trapped in an airport. The depth of the misery of those five thousand souls could only have been made worse had I been there as my wrath would have been a shit storm not limited to my hapless husband. Woe is the person who convinced me to do something I didn't want to do that resulted in me sleeping on a floor. Or worse, a COT. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't have been sleeping. I would have been railing on Dave! Anyway, all's well that ends well. Although he did just read over my shoulder and announce, "I don't believe I have EVER met a person that enjoys an 'I told you so' more than you". True. It's better than the alternative. WHICH IN THIS CASE WOULD HAVE BEEN SLEEPING AT THE AIRPORT. It appears that the snow has stopped and while our flight is delayed by an hour and a half, it is going to get out. We'll just leave the house a little later than expected but should still be arriving in sunny Arizona by dinner time. Will report back on location. My parents are going to be there so you KNOW it's going to be entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment